Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding security settings in the Security tab, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- One of the primary areas you'll want to visit…when customizing your LastPass security…will be the Security tab within Account settings.…To access the Account Security screen,…log into your LastPass Vault…by clicking the LastPass icon in the top right…of your browser screen.…Choose My LastPass Vault.…Click the Settings options in the gray action menu…on the left of your Vault screen.…In the top menu, select Security.…In this screen, if you want LastPass…to set up some basic security for you,…choose a security level in this top area…by clicking the circle to the left…of your preferred level.…
When you do this, you'll see the settings below change…as LastPass sets your security preferences…based on the level.…This is a very useful setting…especially when you first get started,…but it's also useful to understand…the settings available,…in case you'd like to customize them for your needs.…Let's talk about the security settings on this tab.…Allow reverting LastPass master password changes.…Every time you change your master password,…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.