Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding security settings in the General tab, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- The first stop when setting up your security…within LastPass, will probably be the general tab…within the main account settings.…To access the account settings screen…login to your LastPass vault by clicking the LastPass icon…in the top right of your browser screen.…Choose My LastPass Vault.…Click the Settings option in the gray Action menu…on the left of your vault screen.…The General tab will be the first screen you see.…Let's go over some of the settings specific to security.…Password Iterations.…This is a very complex concept,…but to get more in depth would bring us…to an extremely technical discussion…and would take up the entire movie on its own.…
The simplified explanation of this setting…is how many versions of the encryption code…are created before it repeats.…I agree with LastPass recommending 5000 iterations…for this setting.…You can learn more about the technical side…of how LastPass uses password iterations…within the LastPass manual on their website.…Website auto-logoff timeout.…This refers specifically to the LastPass website log in.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.