Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding password software, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- Since your passwords are the key…to your most vital information,…keeping them safe is a high priority.…We're constantly asked to not only create new logins,…but to use complex and unique passwords…for each website, and change them often.…It can be very difficult to remember…all of that information.…This is where password-management software comes in.…It was designed specifically…to help you store your login information.…The biggest difference between a password-management…program and other software is the security involved.…
It's designed with the highest security in mind,…offering more features than the average program.…A few of the most popular features available are…local encryption, password generators,…multifactor authentication, master passwords,…and mobile app availability.…All of these features can help you…store your passwords in a secure environment,…whether on your computer, called desktop or local,…or on an off-site server, called Internet-based.…
The features vary depending on the software you choose.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.