Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding password software, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- Since your passwords are the key…to your most vital information,…keeping them safe is a high priority.…We're constantly asked to not only create new logins,…but to use complex and unique passwords…for each website, and change them often.…It can be very difficult to remember…all of that information.…This is where password-management software comes in.…It was designed specifically…to help you store your login information.…The biggest difference between a password-management…program and other software is the security involved.…
It's designed with the highest security in mind,…offering more features than the average program.…A few of the most popular features available are…local encryption, password generators,…multifactor authentication, master passwords,…and mobile app availability.…All of these features can help you…store your passwords in a secure environment,…whether on your computer, called desktop or local,…or on an off-site server, called Internet-based.…
The features vary depending on the software you choose.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.