Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the built-in security, and changing your extension security settings, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- Making your passwords easy to retrieve is great,…but how do you know that they're secure?…LastPass has a ton of security already built in,…and even more security options you can customize…for your situation and comfort level.…In this chapter of the course, I'll review a lot of the…security features and options available to you…to keep your data secure, and how to use each one.…As I mentioned, LastPass comes with some pretty hefty…security features already built in,…with nothing you need to do to set it up.…Let's talk about two of the main features.…Local encryption.…
LastPass uses only high-powered local encryption.…Encryption is a form of encoding data so only someone…with the right decryption key can access it.…And LastPass uses the same encryption algorithm that the…U.S. government uses for their top secret data.…What LastPass does is encrypt all of your data…before it ever leaves your computer.…This means none of your data is sent over the Internet…in a readable format.…When you retrieve your data from LastPass,…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.