- View Offline
- Connecting multiple computers together
- Understanding wired connections
- Managing a router
- Administrating a wireless router
- Connecting to a wireless network
- Activating WPA2 encryption
- Address filtering
- Creating a guest network
- Understanding firewalls and port forwarding
- Sharing files over a network
- Screen sharing
- Basic troubleshooting workflow
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to Small Office Networking. This course for is for anyone interested in learning how to put together a home or small office network for the purpose of the sharing an intranet connection, files, or a network printer. We'll begin with an overview of exactly what a small network is and what a common network configuration looks like. We'll also take an in-depth look at how to set up and manage the wireless part of your network. Once we're up and running I'll demonstrate how to share files between computers running Windows, Mac OS10, or a combination of both platforms. And you'll also see how to share network devices like printers and hard drives so all the computers on your network can use the same resources.
We'll be covering all this and lots more so let's started with Small Office Networking to Connect, Share, and Print.