Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing individual logins, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- Sharing one of your LastPass logins…doesn't mean you're giving your password to another person.…Through the sharing feature in LastPass…the recipient of a shared login can…log in to the website you share…without being able to see the password…unless you authorize it.…This allows you to share a site with…a family member or a co-worker…without sharing the password itself.…As a warning, more advanced computer users…could potentially use additional software…or methods to extract your password through this option.…So don't share any absolutely vital information in this way.…
And don't use the Share option with anyone you don't trust.…Always exercise caution when using the sharing setting.…To share a login from LastPass,…within your Vault, locate the login you want to share.…To the far right of the login, click the Share icon,…which looks like two grey head silhouettes.…They will need a LastPass account…in order to use the shared link.…If they don't already have a LastPass account,…you'll be prompted to send them…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.