Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up identities, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- If you log into LastPass…from multiple locations, such as home and work,…then identities might be a useful feature for you.…Identities are basically a way of hiding…some of your logins, while keeping others in sight.…For example, when you're logged in as your work identity,…you'll see all your work related logins,…while logins in your home identity are hidden from view.…Identities are also useful if you wanna share a LastPass…account between family members.…You can easily have separate identities for each member,…so they can only see their own.…Make sure to require a master password re-prompt,…which I talk about later in this movie,…if you want to keep your other identities private.…
To set up separate identities, click the red LastPass…icon in the top right of your internet browser.…Select Tools, then Identities (All).…Within this menu, click the "Add Identity" option.…A screen where you can add your new identity will appear.…In the very top of the screen, add a name for your identity.…The best name is a short, descriptive name…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.