Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up identities, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- If you log into LastPass…from multiple locations, such as home and work,…then identities might be a useful feature for you.…Identities are basically a way of hiding…some of your logins, while keeping others in sight.…For example, when you're logged in as your work identity,…you'll see all your work related logins,…while logins in your home identity are hidden from view.…Identities are also useful if you wanna share a LastPass…account between family members.…You can easily have separate identities for each member,…so they can only see their own.…Make sure to require a master password re-prompt,…which I talk about later in this movie,…if you want to keep your other identities private.…
To set up separate identities, click the red LastPass…icon in the top right of your internet browser.…Select Tools, then Identities (All).…Within this menu, click the "Add Identity" option.…A screen where you can add your new identity will appear.…In the very top of the screen, add a name for your identity.…The best name is a short, descriptive name…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.