Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving logins to LastPass, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- Let's talk about how to save login information…into your LastPass Vault.…There are two options available.…The easiest way to save a login to your Vault…is to visit the website for the login you want to save.…I'll use the Dropbox website for this demonstration.…Once you're on the login page,…simply log into the website as you normally would.…A blue bar will appear across the top of the screen…asking if you want LastPass to remember the login.…In order to save the login to your Vault,…click the Save Site button on the right hand side…of the blue bar.…
A new tab will open in your browser…allowing you to enter all of the data for your new login.…The URL field will automatically show…the login page address.…There's no need to change this.…In the Name field,…enter a descriptive name you would like to use…when referring to this login.…I'll use Dropbox.…This is the name that will show in the main list of logins.…To the right of the Name field…is a Folder option.…Use this drop down box…to select which folder you would like to use…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.