- Getting connected to Wi-Fi and VPN
- Printing from Android
- Synchronizing contacts and calendars
- Connecting to displays for presentations
- Using an external keyboard
- Securing your Android device
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Nick Brazzi. Welcome to Mobile for Business: Setting Up Your Android Phone or Tablet. This is part of the Mobile for Business series of courses which will give you strategies and techniques for using smartphones and tablets as a tool in your workplace. This course focuses on getting an Android-based phone or tablet setup and configured to be used in the workplace. We'll start with setting up a network connection: from simple Wi-Fi networks, all the way up to secure VPN connections.
I'll show you some advanced options for using the built-in mail, calendar, and address book applications much more effectively in a workplace environment. We'll look at some options for setting up an Android device to give presentations, and we'll finish with some customization tips geared specifically for the workplace. Most of what we'll do in this course will work the same on an Android tablet or on an Android phone. So feel free to dive in with either device. Also, you'll notice that I don't really get into third-party apps in this course.
Those are covered in a separate course in the Mobile for Business series. So let's jump in and start getting your device setup and customized for the workplace in Mobile for Business: Setting Up Your Android Phone or Tablet.