First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome. I'm Suzanna Kaye, professional organizer and productivity trainer and I'd like to welcome you to this course about using LastPass. This course tells you everything you need to know about using the LastPass password management software. From installation and setup to security essentials and sharing. Also, along the way, I'll give you some helpful tips to make your experience with LastPass as easy and secure as possible. In this course, we'll begin by talking about understanding password management software and installation and program settings.
Then, we go into choosing a strong master password, uploading existing passwords, generating and entering new passwords, organizing your passwords, using the LastPass mobile apps, backing up your LastPass data, and, most importantly, all of the ways you can add extra security to your LastPass account. I look forward to showing you all of the ways LastPass can help you create a more secure, efficient, and successful password management system.
Let's get started.
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
<div>A: LastPass made some minor changes to the application after this course was recorded. The updates are primarily cosmetic and don't affect overall functionality. Here are the changes:</div> <div> </div> <ul> <li>The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and <strong>Settings</strong> was renamed <strong>Account Settings</strong>.</li> <li>The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.</li> <li>The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the <strong>Account Settings' Security</strong> tab; it is only in the <strong>Multifactor</strong> tab.</li> <li>The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box. </li> <li>Menus in the <strong>Tools</strong> menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.</li> <li>The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login. </li> <li>In the top menu, they added a <strong>Credit Monitoring</strong> option and moved the <strong>Tutorials</strong> option to the left-side menu. </li> <li>When adding a login, the <strong>Add to Favorites</strong> option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called <strong>Advanced Settings</strong>. Previously, they were always visible. </li> </ul>