Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing and organizing logins, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- Keeping your logins organized is very helpful…when you need to retrieve your information later.…Organizing them the right way the first time…is the easiest way to be consistent…and make your system as efficent as possible.…Let's talk about using folders and LastPass…to organize your login information.…Within your LastPass vault you have folders…to group your logins by type or use.…You can also have sub-folders within your folders…in order to get more specific with your groupings.…For example, you could have a folder labeled Financial…with two sub-folders labeled Investing and Banking.…
Within the sub-folders, you would store your various logins…pertaining to investments and banking respectively.…To create a folder, go to your LastPass vault.…I already have mine open.…LastPass comes with several basic folders.…To add a folder, click the Create Folder link…in the far left, grey, Actions toolbar.…In the popup box, enter your folders name.…Let's create a folder called Startup…to hold all of the websites we like to open…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.