Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a LastPass account, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- In order to begin using LastPass,…you'll need to create an account.…There are both free and premium options available.…We'll use the free version for this movie,…but if you want access on your mobile devices as well,…you may want to upgrade to premium.…To create an account, let's visit LastPass.com.…In the top right of the screen,…click the link in the menu called Sign In.…On the Sign In screen, click Create An Account.…Enter the email address you would like…associated with this account in the Email field.…
Under that, it asks for your master password.…When all is said and done, your master password…is the only password you'll need to remember.…Make sure this is a very strong password.…I talked about creating strong passwords…you can remember in the previous movie.…Once you've created your strong master password,…enter it in the password field.…The colored line under the password box…shows you how strong your password is.…The stronger the password,…the more green will be in this line.…In the next field, enter a phrase…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.