Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding multifactor authentication with Google Authenticator, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- One of the easiest and most popular ways…to add multifactor authentication…to a free LastPass account is with Google Authenticator.…This is a fee app offered for iPhone, Android and Blackberry…through the app store.…Before you install Authenticator on your device…you should make sure you're running the latest version…of your LastPass extensions in your browsers.…To check your browser extension…click the LastPass icon in the top of your browser bar…and select Tools, then Advanced Tools…and Check For Updates.…
You will either receive confirmation…that no update is available…or instructions for installing the update.…I don't have any updates available…so I'll close this notice.…Also, make sure you're using the most up to date…LastPass app on your mobile device.…To verify you have the most recent mobile version…visit your app store and install any updates…the LastPass app.…Once everything has been updated…you can install Google Authenticator from your app store.…Once that's installed, you're ready to activate…the Google Authenticator app.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.