Running a Design Business: Starting Small
Learn how to transition your freelance design career into a full-fledged business, one step at a time, in this installment of Running a Design Business. Petrula Vrontikis, founder of her own design firm, explains how to parse the legal options, business licenses, and tax ramifications that come with starting a small business; hire subcontractors and employees; get work; and maintain good business relationships. The course also points to important trends in the industry that your office might want to embrace, such as virtual partnerships that allow you to nimbly collaborate, and common small business challenges that you want to make sure to avoid.
- Naming and structuring your business
- Keeping records
- Cultivating business relationships
- Hiring employees and subcontractors
- Creating schedules and managing deadlines
- Understanding industry trends
- Avoiding the pitfalls of spec work
- Promoting your business through social media
- Maybe you've been freelancing, but you're too busy to do it all yourself. Maybe you're ready to transition your freelance business into a more permanent enterprise. This course will take you through the next steps, including starting your own business for all the right reasons, building a solid foundation, options for the structure and form of your small business, and industry trends to be aware of. I cover the essentials of tax requirements, hiring, and general business principles, along with advice about establishing long term business relationships.
My goal is the share my experiences with you so you can get the best start possible, and gain the respect and admiration from your clients creatively and professionally. So let's get started with Running a Design Business, Starting Small.
Running a Design Business: Designer-Client Agreements124,643 Views
Running a Design Business: Creative Briefs125,861 Views
Developing Brand Identity Collateral91,831 Views
Insights from a Business Coach208,063 Views
Developing a Mood Board91,053 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,697 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,563 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,304 Views