- View Offline
- Naming and structuring your business
- Keeping records
- Cultivating business relationships
- Hiring employees and subcontractors
- Creating schedules and managing deadlines
- Understanding industry trends
- Avoiding the pitfalls of spec work
- Promoting your business through social media
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Maybe you've been freelancing, but you're too busy to do it all yourself. Maybe you're ready to transition your freelance business into a more permanent enterprise. This course will take you through the next steps, including starting your own business for all the right reasons, building a solid foundation, options for the structure and form of your small business, and industry trends to be aware of. I cover the essentials of tax requirements, hiring, and general business principles, along with advice about establishing long term business relationships.
My goal is the share my experiences with you so you can get the best start possible, and gain the respect and admiration from your clients creatively and professionally. So let's get started with Running a Design Business, Starting Small.