Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Be careful when looking internationally, part of Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports.
- [Voiceover] Before we dive in…to the core content of this course,…I would like to issue a note of caution…on the differences that exist…between the accounting rules of countries…and regions of the world.…Countries have accounting rules that are specific to them.…Those rules are not better or worse…than our accounting rules.…They're just different.…The result is that financial documents…from different countries are not comparable.…An investor cannot take the financial statements…of two companies from two different countries…and do a line by line compare.…
Not only the lines are the limits are different,…but even elements that hold the same name…in those documents would not necessarily…include the same things.…It is therefore not possible to compare them.…The principles though remain the same,…so you would need the help of someone…with a local finance expertise…to translate the documents into your definition…of financial statements or learn by yourself…those other standards.…You can understand then the complexity…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a financial statement?
- Reading the balance sheet
- Understanding depreciation, liabilities, and equity
- Reading the income statement
- Understanding revenue, costs, profitability, and net income
- How cash flow works
- Analyzing financial documents with context<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Financial Statements
2. The Balance Sheet
3. The Income Statement
4. The Cash Flow Statement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.