Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Non-operating income and expenses, part of Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports.
- [Voiceover] Up till now, we have seen…all the aspects of the income statement…which relate to the operations of the company.…But some of its incomes and expenditures can have…their source outside of the operations of the company.…Such elements could be, for example,…taxes paid to the relevant authorities.…This is an expense that's not done with…the purpose of generating business or maintaining business,…but rather to fulfill a legal obligation.…It is therefore reported before the operating income line.…You can find, as well, there are interest paid on loans…or interests received on money left on a saving account.…
In general terms, this section will cover the inflow or…outflow of money that is due to non-operational activities.…You can also find here any element that is not related…to the normal activities of the company.…For example, you will find there are transactions…that are significantly more important in dollar terms…than your normal activities, such as acquiring a company…or selling part of your company,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a financial statement?
- Reading the balance sheet
- Understanding depreciation, liabilities, and equity
- Reading the income statement
- Understanding revenue, costs, profitability, and net income
- How cash flow works
- Analyzing financial documents with context<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Financial Statements
2. The Balance Sheet
3. The Income Statement
4. The Cash Flow Statement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.