Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Current assets, part of Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now let's look at current assets.…Current assets is a subcategorization of assets…which groups together all the assets that relate…directly to the day-to-day activities of the company.…Any event in the life of the company that influences…positively and increases its finances and is…short-term in nature is going to be a current asset.…Generally the current assets category encompasses…all the assets that serve their purpose…within the year.…Let's start with cash.…This is a very straightforward category as it is…equal to the sum of all cash that is available…in the bank account of the company.…
Every time a customer makes a payment, there is…money coming to the bank and the cash…of the company increases.…Similarly, the cash category of the balance…sheet increases.…Accounts receivable is the category for any money…that is due to the company but has not been paid yet.…Let's look at a real-life example.…Let's imagine that the ice cream shop just…received an order to deliver at the end…of the month a large quantity of ice cream…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a financial statement?
- Reading the balance sheet
- Understanding depreciation, liabilities, and equity
- Reading the income statement
- Understanding revenue, costs, profitability, and net income
- How cash flow works
- Analyzing financial documents with context<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Financial Statements
2. The Balance Sheet
3. The Income Statement
4. The Cash Flow Statement
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.