Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting a webinar topic, part of Webinar Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's discuss the topic your target audience wants to hear…about in your webinar.…A compelling webinar topic has a tight focus that aims…to ease the pain-points of a well-defined target audience.…Try to get inside the head of your target audience…for the webinar you're planning.…If you don't narrow down your audience,…your audience won't know why they should attend,…and you won't know how you should focus your content.…Consider the pain-points of your target audience…and address one of those pain-points…with your webinar's topic.…If possible, survey or poll your target audience…to help generate topic ideas,…or just select the most popular topic.…
Polling has the additional benefit…of having your target audience feel…like you customize the webinar to their needs.…Finally, narrow down the scope of your webinar topic…so it's limited to specific content.…It's better to focus on a specific topic…that you can cover in-depth, than to skim…over a lot of broad content.…If you're doing a training…or thought-leadership webinar, consider the knowledge…
- What is a webinar?
- Making webinars engaging
- Comparing webinar software, like Adobe Connect and WebEx Event Center
- Selecting topics and presenters
- Creating an agenda
- Scheduling and marketing your webinar
- Using audio and video
- Recording the webinar
- Handling audience Q&A
- Following up with attendees
Skill Level Appropriate for all
PowerPoint 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 19m Appropriate for all
Camtasia Studio 8 Essential Trainingwith Chris Mattia6h 19m Beginner
1. Understanding Webinars
2. Selecting Webinar Software
3. Planning Your Webinar
4. Producing Your Webinar
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.