- View Offline
- Understanding ebook trends and how to make them work for you
- Using measurement, tracking, and analysis tools just for authors
- Working with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, NOOK Press from Barnes & Noble, and Kobo Writing Life
- Becoming an approved publisher to the iBookstore
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Networking with authors and publishers
- Acquiring an ISBN number and copyright
- Pricing ebooks
- Selecting an aggregator
- Using Amazon services
- Selling ebooks directly
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm David Wogahn and welcome to Distributing and Marketing eBooks. In this course, I'll walk you through every step of the process necessary to get your eBook into the major online eBook stores as well as some other ways you could leverage your eBook investment. First, I'll help you understand the current state of eBooks. Then, we'll look at each of the planning considerations, including pricing, DRM, metadata, copyrights and royalties. We'll also talk about basic marketing tactics that you can use to launch any eBook, such as press releases, reviews, and networking.
I'll walk you through the pros and cons of distributing through aggregators like Smashwords and BookBaby. We'll also take a deep look at Amazon's family of services for authors, such as KDP Select, CreateSpace, Goodreads, and Author Central. We'll cover all this plus plenty of other tips and techniques. So let's get started.