- View Offline
- Defining the mailing list
- Keeping your mailing list up to date
- Creating the offer
- Formatting strategies
- Using special packaging like varnishes, stamps, and stickers
- Leveraging technology, such as variable data printing
- Adding an Intelligent Mail barcode
- Green mail strategies
- Tracking and measuring results from your direct mail campaign
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to Direct Mail Strategy. I'm Trish Witkowski and I'm going to teach you the secrets of the world of mail. You see, I've spent my entire professional career researching folded formats and direct mail. It's a passion of mine. I've met with the real movers and shakers in the mailing industry, plus printers, marketers, copywriters, and postal experts. I've studied the entire process from end to end, and I've simplified the process into a work flow and I'm here to share it will you. There are limitless ways to approach a direct mail campaign, which is good news because that means there are endless opportunities for creativity and variety.
What this also means is that throughout the process, you will be faced with a slew of important decisions that will make or break the campaign's success. From the mailing list, to the message, to the form it takes, direct mail has to strike a delicate balance, creating a package that can pique interest and ultimately drive response. In this course, you'll learn how to identify your marketing goals, evaluate your options, and craft a well thought out strategy to create effective direct mail campaigns. We're going to talk about lists, offers, engagement techniques, format choice, testing, tracking, and measuring your results.
In a nutshell, I'm gonna teach you how to create mail that performs. And I hope by the end you'll be armed with the tools and the confidence to create your own winning mail campaigns. Well, I don't know about you, but I think that's enough of an introduction. Let's get started.