Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,974 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Presenting one-on-one, to a team, or to a larger audience
- Choosing a presentation format
- Introducing your design and providing context
- Persuading your audience
- Developing visual aids
- Creating a great first impression
- Understanding verbal and nonverbal cues
- Getting approval
- Facilitating a Q&A session
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Great presentations often make the difference between a good designer and a great one. In order for your terrific work to get to the next level, you have to sell it to someone. And that's what this course is all about. For many of us, presentations can generate significant anxiety. I created this course to empower you, to keep you organized and calm. I'll help you prepare by showing you methods for crafting a great message, understanding persuasion, developing visuals, and delivering with confidence.
Ultimately, getting approval. I'm Petrula Vrontikis, and I've been running a small design business in Los Angeles for over 20 years. I'm also a professor at Art Center College of Design, where I teach graphic design and professional practice. My colleague Terry Lee Stone and I have created a series of Lynda.com courses titled Running a Design Business. Our goal is to share our experiences with you, so your great work can see the light of day and you can gain respect and admiration from your clients and peers.
So let's get started with Running a Design Business: Presentation Skills.