- View Offline
- What is a freelancer?
- Tracking expenses
- Paying taxes
- Understanding business licenses
- Creating contracts and invoices
- Preparing, transferring, and storing files
- Tracking billing and payments
- Managing your work-life balance
Skill Level Beginner
- If you're working in a creative field, you'll find yourself freelancing one or more times during your career, either by choice or by circumstance. It's especially common in difficult economic times when job stability is hard to find. To earn more money and stay creative and confident, you're gonna need agility. You may find yourself having to adapt your working style to situations where your skills and your talents are most valued. Freelancing is an excellent opportunity to be both creative and independent.
You can be both an artist and an entrepreneur. It can be an incredible experience, but it's important to keep both feet on the ground when planning this phase of your career. In this course, I'll focus on being a freelancer, dispel some myths, and share some realities that I've learned along the way. Finally, I'll show you how to build both sustainability and resilience. How to make a short or long-term commitment to freelancing. And how to make it work for you.
So let's get started with running a design business. Freelancing.