Develop a plan for analytics by asking the right questions, measuring the right numbers, and correctly interpreting the data.
- Hi, I'm Matt Bailey, author, speaker, and President of SiteLogic, an online marketing agency. Very early in my online marketing career, I discovered information that saved me hundreds of thousands of dollars in ads spent. I found that a source of visitors was not only my least amount of cost, but also my greatest amount of business. Information like that can radically change a business. As you find out which actions lead directly to revenue and profits, rather than muddling through and guessing which direction to take.
Analytics is misunderstood to many as a boring, tedious job of combing through numbers and reporting information. In this course, I'm going to teach you how to transform your thinking and your approach to what analytics is, what it could do, and how it will change your online business. I've consulted with some of the biggest brands in the world teaching them how to implement a commonsense analytics plan. And now I have the opportunity to share this knowledge directly with you. You will learn what the terminology actually means, and how current analytics is remarkably unsufficient.
Starting with your business goals, you will learn how to apply value measurements to your website and learn which pages push people away, and which pages push people to become customers. You'll also learn how to integrate and measure your search engine optimization, and social media campaigns so that you can measure the full benefit of each. Finally, it all comes down to understanding human behavior. When seeing some of these reports, and what is possible, you'll find that you are only limited by the questions you ask, the answers are always in the data.
- Defining analytics terminology
- The problem of numbers
- Building segments for comparison
- Finding value in your marketing
- Creating valuable reports