Learn how to extend the Xbox One beyond gaming with apps and external hardware.
- Welcome to Up and Running with Xbox One. I'm Doug Winnie, and I'm going to take you through how to get your Xbox One set up, connected to the internet and to your digital television signal, and walk you through how to download apps, collaborate with others using Skype and work with files on the internet. Oh, and maybe show you how to play a game or two. And while the Xbox One is an awesome gaming console, there is so much more to the Xbox than just playing games. It really is the center of your living room and changes the way that you watch TV and work with streaming services all in a single box.
So let's get comfortable, grab our controller and get Up and Running with Xbox One.
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.