Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Updated Friends app, part of Learning Xbox One.
- In addition to changes in the Home screen…there are a number of changes with the Friend app…that is part of Xbox One.…If we launch the app, you'll see that there are now…new columns you can work with.…On the left you'll find Activity alerts.…These are notifications when people like, share,…or comment on things that you have on your activity feed.…For example, if someone post a gameplay video…or in this case, added me as a friend,…you'll see them displayed here.…Next, you'll see if you have any messages…sent from your friends.…
When you open this, it will pin the Messages app…to the right, where you can respond to messages…or create new messages to send to an Xbox friend.…You can access your profile which now has…a number of new features as well.…If you have any achievements or game clips,…you can personalize your profile with that.…To do this, move to the Showcase area and select.…When you go to a list of recent activities…you can highlight on your Showcase.…Select an item on your activity…and select Showcase for where you wanna share it.…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.