Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Updated Friends app, part of Up and Running with Xbox One.
- In addition to changes in the Home screen…there are a number of changes with the Friend app…that is part of Xbox One.…If we launch the app, you'll see that there are now…new columns you can work with.…On the left you'll find Activity alerts.…These are notifications when people like, share,…or comment on things that you have on your activity feed.…For example, if someone post a gameplay video…or in this case, added me as a friend,…you'll see them displayed here.…Next, you'll see if you have any messages…sent from your friends.…
When you open this, it will pin the Messages app…to the right, where you can respond to messages…or create new messages to send to an Xbox friend.…You can access your profile which now has…a number of new features as well.…If you have any achievements or game clips,…you can personalize your profile with that.…To do this, move to the Showcase area and select.…When you go to a list of recent activities…you can highlight on your Showcase.…Select an item on your activity…and select Showcase for where you wanna share it.…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. What's New in December 2014
2. Unpacking and Setup
3. The Xbox One Interface
4. Using Xbox One with Your Digital TV
5. Using Xbox One
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.