Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Surfing the Internet, part of Learning Xbox One.
- The XBox comes with a special version…of Internet Explorer, designed for a large display…or television.…Using your XBox, you can browse the internet…right from your couch.…IE is just like any other app you can download…and work with on your XBox.…If you're planning on doing a lot of browsing in your XBox,…I recommend using the XBox Smartglass app,…to give you a virtual keyboard.…Or, to attach a USB keyboard, which I've done here,…to make it easier to enter in text like your website URL,…or enter text into fields on a webpage.…
So to do this, we're going to go ahead and…launch the Internet Explorer app.…So once we're actually at this screen,…if we want to bring up the address bar,…we're going to press the view button.…That's the button to the left of the menu button.…When you press that, you'll then see…this appear at the bottom of the screen.…I'm going to go ahead and select into the address bar,…and I can use my keyboard, which is attached through USB…to then enter in a URL.…
So, I brought up this, we can go ahead…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.