Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Snap mode updates, part of Learning Xbox One.
- With the XBox One now coming with…an addition without Kinect,…the app Snap feature has been changed to support…faster snapping and game play clip saving…using just your XBox One controller.…Let's say we're playing a game…and we wanna snap the Achievements app…onto the right hand side.…Let's go ahead and load Minecraft…and we can see how this works.…To snap an app using the controller,…simply double-tap the XBox button on the controller.…You'll see an indicator that has a center box with arrows.…The arrows indicate which button on the D-pad…to press to use one of the options.…
We wanna Snap an app.…So, press the Up D-pad option.…This would open up the Snap app selection window…displaying the apps you currently have Snap capability…installed on your Xbox One.…Let's go ahead and select the Achievements app.…This then launches and displays the Achievements app…on the right hand side.…To switch back to the game,…press the Xbox button on the controller twice.…You can then press the left button on the D-pad…to return to the main game.…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.