Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring for the first time, part of Learning Xbox One.
- With Xbox One, you can have your digital television…signal pass through the console…and you can control it using your Xbox.…To do this, you need to configure your Xbox…to recognize the signal going through…and then tell the Xbox who you get your digital television…service from to configure the One Guide program guide.…Let's walk through how to do this.…The steps for your own set up may vary…based on your provider,…but this will give you a good overview…of what you'll need to do.…The first thing we're going to do is launch the TV app.…
The TV app, if it's not displayed currently…on the home screen, you can find…in the My Games and Apps tile.…When you first launch this,…it's going to start the configuration process.…Let's go ahead and walk through this step by step.…We're going to go ahead and select Start,…and then it's going to try to detect…the television signal coming from the set top box.…When it's able to actually find the television signal,…it'll show it here in this miniature version…of your television so you can confirm…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.