- There's something about the way Chrome works…that's extremely useful, but can be confusing…or misleading at first.…Chrome's Settings and tools are represented on-screen…as if they were webpages.…Even though they're not webpages on some Internet site,…your controls in Chrome still look like webpages.…So, let's start by going into Settings here in Chrome,…and to do that, we can start working with the menu.…Now the menu is up here in the top right corner,…and if I click on that, I get a bunch of options.…
I get options to Print the page…that I'm currently looking at,…create New Tabs, go to my History,…these are all things that we're gonna be seeing…as we go through the rest of the course.…So rest assured, we're gonna use this menu button a lot.…But I'm looking for something specific in the menu.…I'm looking for Settings, so I'll click on that,…and I can make adjustments to how Chrome works.…But first, I want you to notice a few things.…One thing that I want you to notice…is that a new tab opened up.…Up here at the top of the screen,…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.