- In this movie, I want to help you understand…a few pieces of information that Chrome…is storing that you may not know anything about.…These two pieces of information are known…as "cookies" and "cache."…In both cases, Chrome is watching your activity…on the Web and storing information about it.…This information helps Chrome run faster…and more efficiently, but for some people…either of these pieces of data can be…considered a privacy concern.…Let's start with cache.…I'm going to visit a web page that…I've never visited before here on this computer.…
Now, technically I have visited it before…but I've cleared my cache since then…so it's like I'm visiting it for the first time.…So I'll type in the website address,…I'll hit return, and it takes a little time…for this web page to load.…Now a lot of this depends on the speed of your network,…but one reason this page is taking a long time to load…is because there are a lot of graphics on this page.…Okay, I've gone to this page, it took a minute to load.…Now for the sake of demonstration, I'm going to…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.