Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the homepage and default search engine, part of Learning the Chrome Browser.
- There are lots of things that you can…and probably should customize in Chrome…to dial it in to work exactly the way you want it to.…We'll look at a few essential customization…options as examples.…This will also give you an idea…of where to look to find other options.…Now I wanna start by going into the tools menu,…which we've seen before in this course.…That's this button up here in the top-right corner.…All of the menu controls that you'll need…in Chrome are here.…Now on a Mac, you do have other menus…up at the top of the screen like any other application.…
In Windows, there are no other menus available…other than this,…which is fine because everything that you need is here.…There are lots of tools and adjustments that you'll need…to go into this menu in order to use.…A few important things that jump out…include the New tab and New window option.…Now we saw those in another movie.…Zoom is also very interesting.…If you're looking at a webpage with very small text…that's hard to read,…you can come here and you can hit the plus button…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.