Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing extensions, part of Learning the Chrome Browser.
- Extensions are little add-ons for Chrome…that will give you quick access…to lots of different tools and services.…Take a look at the top of my window here.…Right next to the address bar,…this button is an extension that I've already installed.…If I click on this, for this particular extension,…I can see my Twitter feed.…So this extension lets me view Twitter.…I can also compose a new tweet from here.…If I hit "Compose tweet" here,…I could write whatever I want to…and I could post it to my Twitter account.…
I can also view my direct messages and my favorites…and a bunch of other stuff.…But it's really quick.…And I can click on that button any time.…This lets me keep an eye on things…when I'm working in Chrome.…Let's install another extension to see how this works.…It's pretty similar to installing a Chrome app.…I can either go to this address...…or if I have the bookmarks bar open,…I can go to the App Launcher, and I can hit Web Store here.…
Now there are just too many useful extensions,…so I can't really take you on a tour of the best extensions.…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.