Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Chrome apps, part of Learning the Chrome Browser.
- There are a few ways that you can install additional…components into Chrome…using extensions and Chrome Apps.…Now in this movie, we'll start with Chrome Apps.…Chrome Apps are really not much different from any other…application that you might install on your computer…or an app that you might install on an iPad…or an Android tablet.…In fact, the difference between a Chrome App…and a normal desktop application…has more to do with how they're built and distributed…than how you use them.…For Mac and Windows users, you can think of Chrome Apps…as just another way of getting new applications.…
But if you use a Chromebook,…which is a type of inexpensive laptop where the entire…operating system is based on the Chrome platform,…then Chrome Apps are your only option…for installing new applications.…But that's just for users of Chromebook.…So let's see what we need to do to install some Chrome Apps.…First, we're gonna need to go to the Chrome Web Store,…and that can be found at this address.…But there's another quicker way of getting to this.…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.