- Viewing web pages is certainly…the most popular thing,…but not the only thing…that you can do on the web.…You may also need to download files…from the web at some point.…A link on a web page can go…to a downloadable file just as easily…as it can go to a web page.…Now I'm looking at a web page…that I use for just this sort of occasion.…Clearly if I click on one of these links,…it'll probably take me to another web page.…We've seen this before,…when you point at something…and your mouse turns into this pointing finger.…You click on it, and it loads another web page.…
I say probably because it doesn't always work that way.…It's time to start paying attention…to an important little detail.…I'm gonna take a step back here.…As I point at one of these links,…before I click on it,…I want you to notice this little preview that appears…down in the bottom left corner of the window.…In this case, it says explorecalifornia.org/mission.htm.…This is a preview of the address…for the link that I'm pointing at.…Now this link ends in .htm.…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.