- Chrome stores a lot of data that could be considered…personal, private information, as we've discussed…in other movies in this chapter.…Chrome stores your browser history…and website cookies and cache,…as well as any passwords or autofill information…that you may have stored.…So finally, in this movie, I wanna talk about…how you can wipe any or all of this data.…First, let's look at the main place…to wipe your history and browser data.…In the movie on browser history,…we saw that you can go into the Tools menu to History,…and then there's a button here…that says Clear browsing data.…
Another way of getting to this same option…would be to go into the menu, into Settings.…Scroll all the way down and hit Show advanced settings.…Then under the Privacy category, there's that button…for clearing browsing data.…Either way gets you to the same place.…So this window gives you the opportunity…to clear your Browser history, Download history,…Cookies, Cache, Saved passwords, Autofill data and more.…You should recognize most of these options…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.