Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling Xbox One with your voice, part of Learning Xbox One.
- If you have Kinect you can control…your Xbox using your voice.…Through the use of your voice you can navigate…around the Xbox One screen, launch games and apps,…and change other options on your console.…If you're working with your Xbox while watching…this course I recommend putting on headphones…for this movie to avoid my voice from activating our XBox.…To use voice-control, make sure you're…within the recommended distance to the sensor…for the microphone to pick you up.…And remember to speak in a loud and clear voice.…
Now you an actually even start-up…your Xbox directly with your voice.…Let's go ahead and try to do that now.…Xbox on.…[Xbox start-up tone]…Now because I set-up my Xbox to sign me in…based on the Kinect sensor, it was able to see…that I was actually sitting in front of it…and it automatically signed me in.…Like I said, we can actually navigate the Xbox…entirely with our voice.…So let me go ahead and put the controller down.…And let's give it a try.…
Xbox.…All the green commands you see here…are all the things we can use to say…
- Connecting and powering up the Xbox One
- Working with games and apps
- Signing up for Xbox Live
- Using Xbox with your TV
- Controlling Xbox One with your voice
- Messaging friends
- Using OneDrive with Xbox One
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/24/2014. What changed?
A: Five movies were added, covering the latest updates to Xbox One: updates to the Friends app, faster snapping for apps, the new Media Player app, and new features for Live TV.