- Do you ever do any shopping online?…Do you do any banking online?…Or do you check your e-mail on a website?…For work like this,…when you're sending financial information,…credit card numbers, or secure passwords over the internet,…you should make sure that the website that you're on…is secure before proceeding.…On a normal, non-secure website,…it's possible that somebody could connect to your network…and intercept information that you send…or receive on the web.…So let's talk about how you can ensure…that your connection is secure and protected…when you need it to be.…
Let's look at some examples.…Starting here, on a regular Wikipedia article.…Now this is a normal webpage.…If some hacker was able to intercept my network traffic,…they would know that I was looking at this article.…Now I wouldn't want somebody to spy on me,…but in this case at least they wouldn't see…my credit card number or my e-mail.…Looking at just a normal webpage,…when we look up here at the address bar,…of course everything looks normal.…We've seen this before.…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.