Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing privately, part of Learning the Chrome Browser.
- In another movie, we saw how to clear…browser history, cookies, cache,…and other data that's stored in Chrome.…But what if you want to set it so that this data…never gets stored to begin with?…We saw how you can limit cookies from being stored.…Aside from that, there really is no…permanent setting to disable.…But there is the incognito mode,…which some people call private browsing.…So what I'll do is I'll go to the main Tools menu…and I'm gonna hit New incognito window.…
When I do this, it opens a new window in Chrome.…And it's important that you notice…that this spy icon is up here in the top left corner.…This is an incognito window.…It's separate from the window that…I had opened a minute ago,…which is still open.…So if I restore this window down,…just kind of shrink it,…I can see that that other window is still here.…And I have both windows open,…but only one is the incognito mode.…So anything I do in this window…is in the private browsing mode.…
But anything I do in this window,…which does not have the incognito icon,…
- Using tabs
- Setting the homepage
- Downloading files
- Sharing links
- Creating and importing bookmarks
- Installing Chrome apps and extensions
- Saving passwords
- Managing history, cookies, and other website data
- Browsing privately
- Using Chrome on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Basic Website Navigation
3. Browser Extensions
4. Privacy and Security
5. Using the Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.