Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video An overview of proposal writing, part of Writing a Proposal.
- So you've been asked to…or decided to prepare a proposal.…It may be the first one you've ever prepared…or you may have prepared many on a regular basis…and know that you win some and you lose some.…Regardless, you have a labor-intensive task ahead of you.…Normally, the proposal has one chance of getting accepted,…and in the proposal writing business, there are no do-overs.…Maybe your manager has asked you…to admit a funding proposal for your division,…or maybe that manager has tasked you…with preparing a sales proposal based…on a Request For Proposal from a potential new client,…or your team has decided…to submit a general equipment proposal…to your company's VP because you see a need…for new equipment in the company,…or that manager wants to send in an investment proposal…to a group of potential investors.…
Any difference in those proposal situations?…Certainly.…The first one, funding proposal, is internal and solicited.…The second one, proposal in response to the RFP,…is external and solicited.…The third example, team to VP,…
- Reading the RFP and asking questions
- Understanding different proposal types
- Following the writing process
- Connecting the dots
- Researching the company
- Using the client's jargon
- Understanding what parts to include
- Following up on a proposal
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Understanding the Proposal
2. Types of Proposals
3. Responding to an RFP
4. Customizing the Proposal
5. What to Include
6. Following Up
Next steps2m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.