Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the time element, part of Writing a Proposal.
- How much time should you project for writing a proposal?…The short answer is a lot.…The longer answer is estimating the time necessary depends…because the answer has many varying factors.…For example,…how much proposal writing experience have you had?…Or even business writing experience, at all.…How much do you know about creating budgets?…How complex is the RFP or the actual project?…If the RFP is a two-page fill in the blank variation,…obviously not much time is needed.…
However, typically the more effort that has been…put into writing the RFP,…the more effort and time necessary…for writing the resulting proposal.…In addition, the first proposal you write…will probably take much longer than your second proposal…and the second more time than the third.…Is the proposal a preliminary proposal…or the final proposal?…Is brainstorming, collecting data…factored into the time element?…Or just the actual writing portion?…Does your company have a staff of…qualified proposal writers?…Or is this a collaborative effort?…
- Reading the RFP and asking questions
- Understanding different proposal types
- Following the writing process
- Connecting the dots
- Researching the company
- Using the client's jargon
- Understanding what parts to include
- Following up on a proposal
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Understanding the Proposal
2. Types of Proposals
3. Responding to an RFP
4. Customizing the Proposal
5. What to Include
6. Following Up
Next steps2m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.