Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Following the rules, part of Writing a Proposal.
- No writing course, whether it's writing…a routine business report, a letter, an email,…a speech, a research paper, or a proposal,…would be complete without discussing the writing process,…and the essential need to follow it.…Whether you have an RFP to follow…for a solicited proposal,…or whether you're preparing an unsolicited proposal…with no structure identified,…understanding and following the writing process,…Prewrite, Write, Rewrite,…is crucial to your proposal's success.…
The first step is a mental step.…Think, writing is thinking.…"To write well is to think clearly.…"That's why it's so hard."…David McCullough,…two time Pulitzer Prize winner…and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom…is certainly correct.…Who is the reader?…Or more likely, multiple readers?…What will need to be included?…The content, the criteria.…At this point, you may want to begin…a brainstorming list.…What problem are you addressing?…And what can you provide that the company needs?…Are you qualified for the job?…Let's stop at that question for a moment.…
- Reading the RFP and asking questions
- Understanding different proposal types
- Following the writing process
- Connecting the dots
- Researching the company
- Using the client's jargon
- Understanding what parts to include
- Following up on a proposal
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Understanding the Proposal
2. Types of Proposals
3. Responding to an RFP
4. Customizing the Proposal
5. What to Include
6. Following Up
Next steps2m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.