Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Body parts, part of Writing a Proposal.
- The heart, the meat, those are words used to describe…the Body Section of the Proposal,…in other words the main part.…Of course as with all aspects of proposal writing there are…variations of parts and the arrangement of those parts.…The Body contains detailed explanations…of how you will do the work,…the people involved, your prior successes,…previous customers you've helped on similar projects ,…and evidence of your qualifications and financial stability.…Obviously, in many cases, the reviewer will have already…defined the structure of the proposal…and the RFP or provided a template.…
If so follow that structure exactly…so your proposal isn't disqualified.…How many subsections should a report have?…Well use your best judgement.…Don't have so many that the sections are choppy,…on the other hand don't have so few that each one contains…too much information, or that the proposal is incomplete.…Let's look at the most frequent Body parts…if you're not following a required template.…These are intended as a buffet list,…
- Reading the RFP and asking questions
- Understanding different proposal types
- Following the writing process
- Connecting the dots
- Researching the company
- Using the client's jargon
- Understanding what parts to include
- Following up on a proposal
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Understanding the Proposal
2. Types of Proposals
3. Responding to an RFP
4. Customizing the Proposal
5. What to Include
6. Following Up
Next steps2m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.