- View Offline
David also presents an overview of migration and common cloud technologies as you contemplate a move to the cloud, including Google Apps, Microsoft Windows Live, and more. The final chapter outlines how to evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the cloud for your business.
- Understanding the components and infrastructure of the cloud
- Working with storage and database services
- Understanding the benefits of cloud computing
- Assessing security risks
- Obtaining cloud storage
- Working with Google Apps, Windows Live, iCloud, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Training others on cloud use
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Cloud Computing First Look. I'm David Rivers. Increasingly, we're being inundated with the Cloud and Cloud technologies. Cloud computing is everywhere, but not everyone agrees on exactly what it is. This course is designed to give you a good understanding of what the Cloud really is and what technologies are available to you in the Cloud. This course should also help you to decide if any of the Cloud is right for you and your business. If it is, you'll also pick up some tips for making your move to the Cloud.
Let's get started.
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate whether Cloud Computing Is Right for Your Business
3. Explore Cloud Storage
4. Explore Cloud Tools
5. Migrate to the Cloud
Securing data2m 26s
6. Evaluate Cloud Performance in Your Business
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.