Cloud Computing First Look
In this course, author David Rivers explains the essentials of cloud computing and answers the basic question: What is the cloud? The course then explores the benefits and drawbacks of cloud computing, including a candid look at balancing the sharing and privacy issues with the productivity gains of working in the cloud.
David also presents an overview of migration and common cloud technologies as you contemplate a move to the cloud, including Google Apps, Microsoft Windows Live, and more. The final chapter outlines how to evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the cloud for your business.
- Understanding the components and infrastructure of the cloud
- Working with storage and database services
- Understanding the benefits of cloud computing
- Assessing security risks
- Obtaining cloud storage
- Working with Google Apps, Windows Live, iCloud, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Training others on cloud use
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Cloud Computing First Look. I'm David Rivers. Increasingly, we're being inundated with the Cloud and Cloud technologies. Cloud computing is everywhere, but not everyone agrees on exactly what it is. This course is designed to give you a good understanding of what the Cloud really is and what technologies are available to you in the Cloud. This course should also help you to decide if any of the Cloud is right for you and your business. If it is, you'll also pick up some tips for making your move to the Cloud.
Let's get started.
Amazon Web Services Essential Training691,439 Views
Up and Running with Azure148,742 Views
Developing with Visualforce103,829 Views
Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform78,982 Views
Administration for Cloud-Based Office 36594,273 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,707,894 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views