Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud, part of Muse: Business Catalyst Integration.
- Before we actually get started using Adobe Business Catalyst, I need to make you aware of something that's happened to the Creative Cloud platforms since this course was originally recorded. When this course was originally done, Adobe was advertising that you get five free websites with the Adobe Creative Cloud platform, meaning you could publish up to five free websites from Muse to Business Catalyst, and have those hosted there indefinitely. Well, since then Adobe has phased out the five free websites plan. If you purchased before Adobe's cutoff date, which was in early 2015, then you will still be grandfathered in underneath the five free website plan.
However, if you are not seeing the five free websites option when we're working through the course, that means you purchased your Creative Cloud membership after the cutoff date, and thus you will not have access to these five free websites. However, you will still be able to use Business Catalyst with trial sites, and we talk about that extensively in the first part of this course. Once you have your trial site published, and you're ready to take it live, you will need to purchase one of the hosting packages in order for that website to continue to live on the business hosting platform for clients and other people to use.
So you will need to purchase one of their web hosting platforms, which I go into in depth in this course as well. Like I said, this isn't a huge deal because of the fact that many people upgraded their initial web hosting plans on Business Catalyst anyway. But for those who were using the free plan, or were intending to use the free plan, this is definitely something that you needed to know.
- Setting up a Business Catalyst account
- Making and uploading website changes
- Customizing your domain name
- Upgrading to a premium hosting plan
- Adding premium features to a Muse website