Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling module output, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
You have complete control over the look and feel of your module output;…however, styling Business Catalyst modules in Dreamweaver is slightly different…than performing the same operations on any other web page element.…Let me show you what I mean.…For most content in a BC-hosted page, like bookings.html that we have opened…here, you can style CSS the way you normally would in Dreamweaver CS5.…Make sure your CSS Styles panel is open and set to Current mode.…Go right into Live view, select an element, such as the footer, which I will…select from the tag selector here, and then go over to the CSS Styles panel,…choose it, and let's make a change, like changing the color.…
Now you can see that my footer is a nice bright red.…All I would need to do is save the screen.css, which is where that style is…stored, and then put the file online.…Now if you wanted to style this module_booking code here, I can't do that…directly, because those styles are contained in a file called…modulestylesheet.css, which, as you can see, is not located up in the related files bar.…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.