Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a custom site, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
For the remainder of the course, we're going to be using a custom site…developed in Dreamweaver instead of a site based on Business Catalyst templates.…In this video, we'll walk through the initial steps necessary to connect the…custom site in Dreamweaver and Business Catalyst.…Let's log in to Business Catalyst again.…I'll choose the site to log in, although we'll actually be going out to the…Partner Portal, so I'll click on Partner Portal up here.…And as we did before, we're going to go in and create a new site, so I'll click Create Site.…
This time, we will keep that we're using a Full Solution, but instead of using…their template, click Start from scratch. And then we'll scroll down just a bit…and go ahead and click Finish.…Now I'm going to enter in the company name.…I'll enter in "Explore California."…Now notice what's happening in the Starting Address. Because I have…previously, during my preparation for this course, set up another site called…"Explore California," Business Catalyst automatically checks that the name…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.