Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Publishing a test site to Business Catalyst, part of Business Catalyst Integration with Muse.
- View Offline
- Once you're sure that Adobe Muse is ready to publish to the Business Catalyst platform, you then just have to have a website that you're ready to publish. And so I'm gonna be using the test site that I've included in your exercise files folder. You can use whatever website you want. And you have the option here of choosing up in the Publish tab up in the top right the Business Catalyst option or you can simply go to the File menu and you can choose Publish to Business Catalyst. Either way, it is going to allow you to publish to the Business Catalyst system. So what I'm gonna do is just come up here to the right, choose Business Catalyst.
What this is going to do is it's going to tell me that You're just one click away from previewing your site on the Internet. And you can check their FAQ guide for upgrade options to go live. So in this case what I'm going to do is just name this. So I'll just call this Justintestsite. And that's going to say give me a URL with something that makes it easier for the system to handle it and also one that's available. So I could do something a little bit more clever. Let's do Justinatlynda2. Something like that. Then at the Options section down here, I can choose to Publish to a New site or I can set this up to Publish to my existing website, if I wish.
In this case I'm gonna choose New site, the URL, Justinatlynda2.businesscatalyst.com, Automatic. Just leave that on Automatic unless you wanna specify a Data Center, but for the most part I just always leave that on Automatic, and then I'm going to hit OK. What that is going to do now is it's going to create the Adobe Business Catalyst temporary site. Now what does this mean by a temporary site? Well, this just means that it is hosted on the Business Catalyst platform. You're not gonna have all the bells and whistles of a paid site, but you will be able to at least see the site, interact with it and all that kinda stuff.
So here it is. Once I have published it, you can actually see it, justinatlynda2.businesscatalyst.com /index.html. And I'll leave this live so that you can actually see it once you have watched this course. Everything works, you can see it slides down where it's supposed to. Everything is working good and all of that. Now, of course, the form on this website is not functional and the links don't necessarily go anywhere. This is all just set up as a test mechanism so you can see exactly how it works. But, as you can see, it does work and it is relatively quick.
I mean, I have several images in here that needed to be uploaded, and everything is up here on the Business Catalyst server. If I were to right-click on one of these and go and open this image in a new tab, you would see here that it is hosted, justinatlynda2.businesscatalyst.com/images/ whatever the name of the image happens to be. So this is not local on my machine. This is all published directly to Business Catalyst. Now, any time I wanna make a change to this, I can do so directly from Muse and simply publish it again or I can actually make changes inside of the Business Catalyst platform as well.
And that's what we're gonna be talking about throughout the rest of the course, how to manage and how to edit your website using both Muse and Business Catalyst together.
- Setting up a Business Catalyst account
- Making and uploading website changes
- Customizing your domain name
- Upgrading to a premium hosting plan
- Adding premium features to a Muse website