Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrating templates, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
In the previous video, we set up a new site in Business Catalyst using an…existing Dreamweaver site--almost.…The one part of the site setup that requires special handling is the…Dreamweaver template.…We'll need to convert that template to be recognized in Business Catalyst.…Let's start by logging in.…I'll enter in my e-mail address again and password, and this time we'll select…our new site, Explore California.…Once I've clicked Login, the administrative site will load, and from the Admin…menu option, we'll go to Manage Site-Wide Templates.…
Now we're ready to create a new template; I'll click on that option.…And let's call this template "internal," because it's going to be controlling all…of my internal templates.…We'll make this the default template, so that Business Catalyst will know to…always use this template when building the pages. And let me scroll down…somewhat to my Content area.…Now note this tag here, tag_pagecontent, we'll need to include that in our HTML.…But first I'm going to switch to the HTML side of things, and now let's go back…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.