Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting a blog, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
Blogs have become an omnipresent aspect of the web. From a business perspective,…they're great for companies and organizations communicating with their customers,…and are really good for search engine optimization.…Business Catalyst has a very robust blog interface, which you can easily…incorporate into your Dreamweaver pages.…Let's start in the Business Catalyst administrative side, by choosing Website and then Blogs.…We're going to go ahead and create a new blog, and let me scroll down a bit so…you can see all of the details that we'll have to work with here.…
First, I am going to enter in a blog name, and we're going to call this "My…California," and I'll press Tab, and you can set a release date for your blog.…You can put a month into the future, next week--whatever you like.…I am going to keep it as today and go ahead and click Close.…Of course, you want to make sure that your blog is enabled so that the…Enabled option is checked.…We will be using the default template. And now, on Weighting, if you had more than…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Trainingwith James Williamson15h 22m Beginner
Dreamweaver CS5 New Featureswith James Williamson1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.