Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting Business Catalyst modules, part of Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS5 and Business Catalyst.
One of the key concepts in Business Catalyst web design is the module.…A module is a small bit of code that offers big functionality.…Some examples are forums, blogs, photo galleries, and RSS feeds.…All the available modules are listed in the Business Catalyst panel.…So let me collapse the Files panel a bit and open up Business Catalyst.…In fact, I am going to go ahead and collapse the CSS Styles panel, so you can…see the full range of modules available.…There are actually about 75 modules and 22 different categories.…
Modules are represented in the code by curly braces with the initial keyword "module."…Let me show you an example page in the SearchResults.htm file.…I will open that up, switch over to Code view, and here you can see that there…are two modules placed right next to each other: the module for search results…and the module for product results.…Each module tag is surrounded by curly braces with the keyword "module" and an underscore.…All right, let's look at how you might go ahead and add a module to your pages.…
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver CS5 Essential Training.
- Exploring the capabilities of Business Catalyst
- Modifying Business Catalyst modules and templates in Dreamweaver
- Extending to clients the ability to modify their web pages in the browser
- Managing downloadable documents with the Literature module
- Utilizing Business Catalyst's customer and content management features
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Building a store catalog
- Setting up a payment gateway
- Customizing the checkout experience
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Business Catalyst
2. Integrating Business Catalyst with Dreamweaver
3. Using InContext Editing
4. Advanced Business Catalyst Features
5. Building an Online Store with Business Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.